8/08/2005

VMBs

10:18 – Cell phone rings (on the work phone let caller #1 go to voicemail)
10:19 – You have new voicemail
10:31 – Dial voicemail
10:32 – Voicemail: “Hey Jeremy, I was just calling.”
10:33 – erase message and hang up.
11:07 – Cell phone rings (returning call to caller #1, let caller #2 go to voicemail)
11:08 – You have new voicemail
11:14 – Dial voicemail
11:15 – Voicemail: “Hey Jeremy, I was just calling.”
11:16 – erase message and hang up.

By definition, “I was just calling,” “what’s up,” “how are you,” are all voicemail bombs (VMBs). These time wasting messages mean nothing. They are like sending emails with a subject line that says “Whaddup” and no body to the message. Only the VMBs are worse. I cannot just click “move to trash” as casually as my Gmail interface. Instead I have to stop what I’m doing, call my voicemail, enter password, press 1, listen to message, press 7 to delete, and then hang up the call. All of that for absolutely no more information than the incoming call log. Forget the search for the WMDs, people, we need to stop the VMBs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home